Start at the beginning... Intro Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Monday, April 7, 2008

Non, Non-Stop Flight


I got to the airport Saturday morning with tons of time to spare. Usually, I am the one running down the terminal halls screaming "wait, wait!" Not this time, I didn't want Leo's generosity to go to waist. So, I set every alarm in my apartment and got to my gate with over an hour to spare (that's good for me). Last night I cleaned out all the junk from my purse, so that I wouldn't be stuck in security all day.

With time to spare at my gate, it was like vacation. I had fun reading, sipping coffee and enjoyed one of those massive cinnamon buns that probably have about 2000 calories. Oh well, I don't care.

My flight out of New York, boarded right on time and took off smoothly. I am glad Leo remembered I like to sit by the window. I just hate being sandwiched between strangers... feeling forced to have a conversation that neither people are interested in. You know? I just wanted to zone out, look out the window, maybe fall asleep?

About an hour into our flight the sky had turned ominously dark and we were having major turbulence. The pilot came on to explain that there was a band of severe thunderstorms going right through our flight path, and that we would have to land in Atlanta to wait it out. Ugh, so much for my nice non-stop flight Leo arranged. I have such bad luck. If its not me getting into trouble its me getting run right over by it!

Our plane landed in Atlanta around 9:30am, still morning, but I worried we'd be stuck there all day. This would leave me with one day to visit Leo and his family - That's crazy!

While we were sitting on the busy, rainy, dark and super windy runway the flight attendant came on to give us an "important message." She explained that we should stay near the same gate came in from to be notified of updates on our flight. She also mentioned (in a really inappropriate cheerful pitch) that the entire city of Atlanta was under a tornado watch... and, that 2 tornados had touched down in western parts of town. The day continued to get gloomier. :(

No comments: