Start at the beginning... Intro Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Leo To the Rescue!

So, I decided the next step in forgetting Tom was to go away for the weekend. I'd go away longer, but can't afford to miss work. Plus the fact that I don't get paid vacation. My brother Leo gave me this getaway idea. We were talking on the phone and he suggested I come for a visit. Leo is married and his wife, Kendra, is about 4 months pregnant. Leo and Kendra live in Houston, he moved out there for a job about 5 years ago and I never see him. When he heard about my strange breakup he said "come for a visit! My treat! Just tell me when you want to fly in and I'll book you a flight!" Leo has always rescued me from troubles in the past and even though he is hundreds of miles away, he still finds ways to rescue me from my dramas. I feel bad having him pay for my flight - but he told me not to argue and that it wasn't a big deal.

Long story short, I took him up on his offer and my flight leaves tomorrow morning at 6:24am. I'm really excited! Can't wait to see Leo and Kendra. This is just what I needed to re-set myself from Tom and have a change of scenery... get out into the open country a little too. They have a beautiful house in the suburbs on about 7 acres of land. Leo designed the house himself, he's a really amazing architect. If I ever scrounge up the money for a house, he's designing it!

Anyway, enough for now... I should get going. I need to get packed, King already knows that I'm leaving because he sees my luggage. He'll be fine though its just for the weekend, besides he loves when the automatic food feeder comes out! Need to go online and figure out what we can and can not have in our carry-on bags... it's been awhile since I've flown anywhere ;)

No comments: