Start at the beginning... Intro Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Strange


So Dan took his duffle bag and left to get lunch (or whatever the heck the meal was) from "Best Burger." I had been in the airport scene for so long that his company was refreshing. I wanted nothing more to do with my dull book, my eyes were so sick of words on a page... that I found myself wanting to talk to this guy. I wanted to tell him where I was going, and why I was going... and what I was going to do when I was there. - But then I "checked myself" and thought "but he doesn't care, he is a stranger." A stranger, yeah, but a stranger that was buying me a strawberry shake at 10 in the morning. Now that is "strange." ;)

I could see "Best Burger" from where I was sitting, and the line was long even though it wasn't a definite breakfast or lunch time. In the airport it's always some sort of snack time though, and meals overlap, double-up, get missed, etc. So there is always a reason to eat. Earlier that day I saw a couple eating Chinese food at 8am. Yikes - that would be a tough breakfast for the tummy! Anyway, so I could see Dan and his duffle standing in line with about 15 other hungry or not-hungry (just bored) people. I am pretty sure Dan was hungry, because he had asked me "do you want anything from Best Burger?" with such enthusiasm. I think that's why I felt that I should take him up on the offer. Like, if I didn't I'd be missing out or possibly make him miss out on the fun of it. Gosh, am I crazy? - reading into this stupid little situation WAY too much? Why did it matter and why was I so obsessed with this encounter? I guess it was the mystery of our strange meeting over spilled coins, the peculiar soldier, his duffle bag... and something else. - but what?

No comments: