Start at the beginning... Intro Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Friday, March 14, 2008

Coffee Spill


Slept in this morning and was nearly an hour late to work. That's never good. I got the typical stares and glares from the agency after coming in at about a quarter past 9. I can't say my alarm clock was broken or that my cat ate the wires... I just didn't feel like getting up. Kept telling myself "just 5 more minutes of sleep," then, over an hour later I finally scrambled out of bed!

I got to work as quickly as I could, skipping a shower and tossing my hair back in to a rather wild yet trendy headband look. As I was trying to settle into my desk for the day, I spilled my coffee all over my appointment book. I scurried to pick up the spill and save my book, blotting the pages with paper towels and tissues. Fortunately, I was able to salvage all of the pages, but I knew this was not a good sign for my Friday.

Needless to say, I needed more coffee because I had splashed my whole mug all over my desk (which I am still finding the remnants of). So, when I went to make more coffee in the cafeteria I accidently swapped the decaf with regular coffee. I didn't realize it until late in the work day, when I was unusually sleepy. The swap created quite a disruption in the office! The addicts had withdraw headaches and were sleep-working. While the decaf drinkers were convulsing! An innocent mistake on my part, but gosh, was Michelle mad at me! Why drink decaf all day anyway? I'm sure Michelle will be fine, after a nice long run or something. Frankly she needed a wake up! Decaf is like non-alcoholic wine, what the heck is the point!! Anyway, you better believe a mix up like that got me a nice long email lecture about how to organize the coffee center.

The rest of my day followed the same klutzy and confused theme. However, I didn't let it get to me too much because Tom comes home from his business trip Saturday morning... and I can't wait to see him!

No comments: